Roaccutane / Accutane / Oratane is also known as isotretinoin and is a form of vitamin A. This capsule remains as one of the most effective ways to treat acne and is restricted for use by Specialists. It is vitally important to treat scarring forms of acne early- as this can prevent further scar formation. In severe cases of acne, Roaccutane maybe indicated. This form of treatment can have side effects, and careful monitoring by a Dermatologist is needed.
Research has shown that low doses of Vitamin A can also decrease scars, and help collagen remodel.
Facts on Oratane / Roaccutane treatment
- This capsule is a form of vitamin A and is used for the treatment of acne by Specialist Dermatologists
- This tablet is effective in treating acne in 99% of cases, especially in severe acne
- Over 80% of patients will receive long term cure after a course of this drug
- The average course of Roaccutane therapy is 7-10 months
- Early and effective treatment of scarring acne prevents further scars
- Roaccutane remains as the most effective treatment of acne
- Studies have shown that Vitamin A in small doses can improve acne scarring
- Laser treatment is NOT compatible with Roaccutane treatment, however other treatments for scarring can be conducted
- New research has shown that low level Radiofrequency devices can improve acne scars
- Supervised fractional RF can be used with low levels of Roaccutane under Specialist supervision
- This combination can be very effective in the management of scarring acne