Most cases of mild to moderate acne can be treated with prescription creams and washes. Creams can help reduce the number of acne causing bacteria on your skin. Vitamin A creams can also decrease blackheads, oil production, and help your skin repair acne scars. Dermatologists at the Acne Specialist Clinic can tailor a skin care program based upon your acne type and skin sensitivities.
Facts on creams for the treatment of acne
- Antibiotic creams can reduce the number of bacteria on the skin
- Antibiotic creams should always be combined with a Vitamin A cream to combat any acne bacteria resistance
- Vitamin A creams form the foundation of treating blackheads and early acne lesions
- Application of creams should be tailored according to your skin sensitivity and lifestyle
- Breakout creams can reduce pimples within days of application
- Acne Prevention creams take 6-8 weeks before results are seen