Developing a simple, non abrasive and gentle skin care regime is important in all cases of acne, no matter how mild or severe. Get into the habit of looking after your skin.
Simple tips for acne prone skin include -
- Washing your face in the morning and evening, and not more often. Pat your face dry, and don’t rub
- Don't squeeze your pimples as this can increase the chances of acne scars
- Wait at least 15 minutes after face washing before applying any prescription creams
- Avoid applying creams to sensitive areas, such as the angles of the mouth, or around the eyes
- Always start with a small amount of cream, applied every second night and increase if you do not have any skin irritation