Acne scar treatments vary in price according to the complexity of scar revision, the extent of scarring, and the type of treatment used. Acne scars are highly variable, and hence the vast array of treatments available. Some treatments such as full laser ablation are partially coved by Medicare.
As Specialists, patients are entitled to Medicare Rebates and Tax deductions for most procedures, including consultations.
As a guide:
- Initial consultation with a Specialist Dermatologist: $198
- Fractional RF treatments: $200 - $300 per treatment
- The Acne Free RF Program: $ 1100 for 4 treatments
- Fractional laser treatments: $750 - $1200 per treatment
- Vascular Laser Treatment for red scars: $ 590-$790 for 3 sessions
- TCA Cross for ice pick scars: $490 - $900 per treatment
- Full Laser Ablation: $1900 - $4500, depending on area
- Dermal fillers: $280 - $2500, depending on area
- Skin roller needling: $120 - $280 per treatment
- Dermapen fractional treatments: From $240
- Chemical peels (glycolic acid peels): $95 per chemical peel
- Surgery - punch excision, subscision: $400 - $1200
- Synergy Program for acne scars: $3500 - $7800
* Medicare Rebates apply for certain procedures such as full laser ablation, surgical treatments, consultations and follow-ups. Acne scar revision procedures performed by Specialists are tax deductible. Discuss with your accountant in regards to tax thresholds.