Microdermabrasion resurfaces the upper layers of skin, and can give a temporary improvement of acne scars and skin texture. Specialists have replaced this procedure with laser treatments, chemical peels, and most recently with RadioFrequency as these treatments are more effective. Microdermabrasion has minimal effects on collagen stimulation and remodelling, whilst newer technologies can have a permanent solution for acne scarring.
Facts on Microdermabrasion for acne scarring
- This treatment exfoliates the upper layers of the skin
- Temporary improvement of very mild acne scars can be seen after several treatments
- Microdermabrasion can also treat blackhead and whiteheads
- Specialist have replaced this procedure with chemical peels ,laser treatments and RadioFrequency as the results from these treatments can be permanent
- Chemical peels are superior to microdermabrasion as peels can be tailored to individual skin types and concentrations. Chemical peels can also stimulate and remodel collagen